Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Pain in the Neck

Picture by Tsvetoslav Hristov, Unsplash.
Last night I had this pestering, sharp pain in my lower throat whenever I inhaled or drank water. It started in the morning after I did some flexing with my bending bar and drank cold infused water. The pain started and went on bothering me up to bed time. And it was a piss-off.

Excruciating pain that is somewhat captured by that picture I used above. It's an awesome picture of some underground crevice--quite beautiful, in fact--but eerily I imagine something like that when I inhale or swallow. Like a throat with a narrowed passage. And it's the last thing I need.

I mean, I have a silly acne on my nose, tummy bloating, heart palpitations when I move the wrong way, some kind of echo in my ear, skin allergies, this stupid boil near my anus and now this pain in the neck (literal). All these I feel I don't deserve because I've been so careful with my healthy lifestyle.

Like boil on the butt.

Why is it that people with vices don't have them? I never wish that they'd suffer the same things. I keep telling God that if they enjoy good health despite their wasteful lifestyles, why can't I have better health than they have? I shouldn't be having any of this.

But what can you do? You don't fully understand any of them but you quietly suffer them anyway. They help you develop patience and humility--perhaps--but why doesn't God give them to the arrogant people that I know? There are a lot of them around. They need lots of lessons on humility.

But then who am I to tell God what he should do? I'm just a nothing--like a boil on the butt. He is God and he will do what pleases him. All creations can do is watch him do it. But by faith, we have a hope that he does them kindly and for a real good reason. That's what makes me holding on to him despite my life and stupid boils and untiringly meditating his Word.

Thank GOD it has become mildly painful today and a bit manageable. I can breathe more deeply without problems and swallow good. Thank you GOD! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment