Wednesday, April 29, 2020

How Can You Not Complain?

Picture by Nik Shuliahin, Unsplash.
Imagine---your face is peppered with acnes, you have allergies, you have chronic heart palpitations, you're jobless, you have GERD, your old badly dilapidated house is infested with termites and other pests, your bathroom floor drain is clogged, your PC is old and begging for retirement and your internet connection is super slow. Besides all that, you have boil on the butt.

What more can you ask for?

How can you not complain with that? That's besides being looked down by most people, belittled because you're poor, disrespected and shamed in public, treated like stray dog and given no rights. Yup, that's how my life has been. And yet, I go on being tolerant, patient and quiet about it all--except in my time alone with God and when blogging here. I bring these things to God and ask him why.

Some preach against complaining. The bible does say not to do anything with complaining [Philippians 2:14-16] but Godly men did complain. Just read the life of Moses, Job and Jeremiah, for starters, and how about Jesus when he cried in public, "Why hast thou forsaken me?" I never cry in public about my boil in the butt, but of course being nailed to the cross for no fault of yours is completely different. Complaining with a rebellious spirit is a definite no-no, but complaining to let grief out and seek refuge in God is not.

I read lots of news about terrorists and mad killers on the loose perpetrating evil. Their plans succeed. Well, they died later, but they managed to have a lot of their plans carried out smoothly. Why does  God let that happen? And here you are, praying for ministry breakthroughs with signs and wonders and miracles and you get so little break.

Why doesn't heart palpitations just given to terrorists and heinous criminals to stop them from doing what they do? Boil on the butt, these crimes are! I heard some say, why not just let the Abu Sayyaf and communist rebels get all the Covid 19 infection? Sounds good to me, but I'm not really after the punishment of the wicked. I'm after the reward of those who seek God, not just in the hereafter but right NOW. Like, no more boil on the butt, to start with.

I've been asking God for finances to support my ministry (I plan a lot of evangelistic outdoor and out-of-town camps offered for free to young people so they'd hear the Gospel while "quarantined" (or incubated) somewhere in the mountains---not force any of them to receive Jesus but allow the Holy Spirit to convict them. That sort of thing). Yet, I've been getting no answer for decades. But some guy plans on doing something stupid and harmful and he's given everything he needs to do it. No sweat. I can't understand why.

How can I not complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment